It’s almost time to ring in the New Year and if you are anything like me, you are probably going to end up laying on the couch TRYING to stay awake until the ball drops at midnight. We never really went out on New Years Eve, but now that we have two young kids staying home is pretty much the norm. We still toast at midnight and watch the neighborhood fireworks…but we don’t have to make a drive home, so I think it’s a win!
If you plan to stay home with your kids, or even go out later in the evening and have a babysitter lined up, I have found and put together some fun New Years Eve activities that can be done to entertain your kids during the day and into the night.
1. Balloon Pop Countdown – Craftibilites
2. Confetti Popper Toilet Paper Rolls – Smashed Peas and Carrots
3. Photo Props – Simply Being Mommy
4. Paper Plate Noise Makers – Kix
5. Fireworks in a Jar – I Can Teach My Child
6. M&M Straw Game – Fun on a Dime
7. Color Your Own Party Hat – Tot Schooling
8. New Year’s Eve Firework Paper Craft – In the Playroom
9. New Year’s Eve Mocktails – Modern Parents Messy Kids
10. New Year’s Bingo – Campfire Marshmallows
Do you have any of your own New Year’s Eve activities you carry over year to year? I can’t wait to try some of these ideas with my own kids!
(All image credit, except for the top image, is given to the original posters.)
If you are looking for a fun New Year’s Eve activity in the Tampa area, you don’t want to miss our NOON Year’s Eve!