Disclaimer: I received a complimentary weekend getaway at the Streamsong Resort; all opinions expressed here are genuine, truthful, and impartial based on our first-hand experience.
My husband and I had the opportunity to head over to the Streamsong Resort, just outside of Tampa, for a quick weekend retreat. Here are the Top 5 reasons it would be the perfect destination for your next parents’ getaway …
1) The Landscape: Normally, when I picture serene and tranquil, it’s somewhere by the beach. However, I was blown away at how Streamsong was so tranquil, so serene, and so picturesque! Situated on 16,000 acres of land, when you look off in the distance, you see nothing but land and the skies! The lake was so peaceful to look out at from our room.
2) Relaxation: The first thing (after the scenery) that we noticed was how quiet it was! You really can sit back and listen to the nature around you. The ambiance of the resort requires you to relax at a slower-paced lifestyle.
While visiting we decided to take advantage of the AcquaPietra spa! We arrived early to utilize the heated soaking pools before our appointments. My husband and I both had massages, which were amazing. The ambiance of the spa was so relaxing. It felt like being in a cave!
The beautiful infinity pool looks out on to the lake, which is so tranquil.
Our room had a spectacular view of the lake! Plus it boasted 2 televisions … one for me, one for my husband! Not that you will be in your room much. We found ourselves walking the entire resort, taking in the scenery.
3) Activities: Streamsong also provides additional recreational activities in addition to their spa. There are two golf courses, with another presently under construction. The golf courses cover the natural occurring dunes. Aside from golfing you can participate in archery and clay shooting, as well as bass fishing excursions. We chose to take an early afternoon bass fishing excursion before departing!
4) Food: The resort has four restaurants for you to choose from. We had lunch at P2O5 (the chemical equation for phosphate). I definitely recommend their Blue Crab Wedge salad (minus the blue cheese). We were able to sample some of their desserts … the Peanut Butter Banana Brownie was hands down our favorite.
We had breakfast at the golf club restaurant, Restaurant Fifty-Nine. It overlooks part of the golf course. The omelet was my favorite, while my husband thoroughly enjoyed his Brioche French Toast.
5) Location: Streamsong is close enough to drive to for a weekend getaway, and far enough away to feel like you have actually escaped the hustle and bustle of life. Once you’re off the main highway, you quickly realize your surroundings have changed, you pass fewer cars, and you have lost reception on your phone. The perfect parents’ getaway!
When you find yourself looking to escape for the weekend, be sure to consider the Streamsong Resort as your weekend destination!